English Language Learners In-Home Program Internship and Practicum Program
Whether you are seeking to gain certification hours toward your TEFL/TESOL credentials or looking to get back into the career of teaching, we offer a way to shore up, enhance and raise both your competency and confidence in giving the gift of language to a student in need.
We welcome you to be a part of our ELL internship and practicum programs that offer you one-on-one mentoring and coaching through the experience of teaching.
You will be provided the additional resources needed to add to your educational tool kit as you gain and polish your skills toward building your resumé, allowing it to stand out in the crowded ESL teaching market whether you look to work abroad or remain in the States.
We have been both awarded and recognized in providing one-on-one and small group ESL services offered at no cost to the student. Since our in-home Program is now “at-home” through providing all our services virtually, it affords you the opportunity to work with students not only within the U.S. but worldwide without leaving the comfort of your home.
English Language Learners In-Home Program (formally known as ESL In-Home Program) is an award winning and nationally recognized non-profit worldwide program, honored by several prominent organizations. Some of our honors include the following:
- 2021 Microsoft's "Women in Technology" Award (watch the Microsoft video with Florence here)
- 2020 Gold Medaled Lifetime Achievement Award, Governor’s Point of Light Award, Nevada
- 2019 Manhattan Institutes’ Civil Society Award
- 2019 Simon Wiesenthal "Medal of Valor"
- 2018 CNN One of "Top 10 Heroes Award"
As part of the practicum, each intern/student teacher will receive the following that all takes place virtually on Zoom.
- Virtual Orientation and Training with the Founder/Executive Director
- Virtual Training on our method of English Language
- Training materials
- Online access to supplemental educational materials and resources
- Interns will be matched with 1-2 Language Learners that they will meet virtually two times a week (one hour each session) on a regular basis. Additional students available as interns schedule permits
- Monthly virtual peer group meeting to allow for Q&A, Founder Updates and group support